We are delighted to announce the Lesbian Reading Room Scholarship Fund. This is a fund specifically for readers who would like to attend the GCLS Con in Chicago IL, July 5, 2017 – July 9, 2017.
- Please only apply for what you need so the GCLS can award more scholarships. Four days is a big commitment, and so you might want to come along for a day, or maybe get one night at the hotel and two day tickets to really enjoy the atmosphere and an evening with friends.
- If you are within travelling distance of the event you can apply for a day ticket and come along to the author signing, attend some sessions, have lunch and mingle with all your favorite authors.
- Requirements: The scholarship is open to any reader who is a first-time attendee, with no aspirations of a becoming a writer – a true fan of lesbian literature – and demonstrable financial need.
- This is the ONLY scholarship that will also cover the cost of registration for the Conference in addition to the hotel stay.
- Apply as usual for a scholarship, indicating how many hotel nights you will need in order to attend the conference.
- Answer the additional questions indicating you’re interested in the LRR Scholarship.
- If you are granted the LRR Scholarship, the cost of the hotel and the conference (if both are requested) will be covered for the amount of time requested (between 1 and 4 nights)
Last years author attendees included:
Did you know? If you purchase any of the books reviewed on the LRR from our Amazon shop or Amazon page links we receive a couple of cents per book which will help us support the Lesbian Reading Room GCLS Scholarship Fund.
And finally.. if you are lucky enough to be able to afford it – please consider making a donation to support the fund via the GCLS website and mark your donation for the Lesbian Reading Room Scholarship Fund.